Friday, 16 February 2018

February 16, 2018

Wow! Short week with lots going on!

Thank you to all who brought in a treat to share for our Valentine's Day celebration on Wednesday! 

We also participated in a Chinese New Year parade to wish each class "Gung Hay Fat Choy", which means Happy New Year!

Some sad news... Sasha and her family are moving to Penticton and a new school. Her last day will be February 22nd. If you get a chance, please wish Sasha good luck! We will definitely miss her in our class. :(

Some quick reminders...

* On Thursday, I sent home Math Game Bags home. Please read the letter that I have included in the bag. The game included is a game that the kids have had practice in class already, so I have asked them to be the "expert teachers" at home in teaching their families/ friends how to play. Please return bags back to school every Wednesday so that I can send home a new game for Thursday. Thanks!

* The students have been asking about a 100 Day Celebration, and originally I thought about skipping this since this month has been so busy already! However, after talking with the class, I have decided that we will have a small 100 Day celebration in class on Tuesday, February 20th

Rather than bringing in a collection of 100 things, I have asked students to wear their collection instead. You can be creative with this- 100 clips in your hair, 100 stripes on your outfit for the day, 100 necklaces, 100 bracelets, 100 beads on a necklace, or just simply wearing the number 100.

* February Scholastic Orders are due Friday, February 23rd. If you are interested in ordering this month, please send these in next week.  

Have a GREAT weekend! :)